South Africa Painting Adventure Sign Up Fee
South Africa Painting Adventure Sign Up Fee
12 Day Portrait of a Nation Journey©: South Africa
Tina Garrett in South Africa September 18 - 30, 2019: Stellenbosch - Somerset West - West Coast with Darling - Simonstown - Cape Town - Kruger Park
Travel with artist Tina Garrett to the magical land of South Africa.
Explore South Africa with Tina Garrett and her artistic perception. Enjoy personal connections and casual discussions as together we discover the faces of South Africa from the museums and historic sites of the characters in history to the indigenous and modern people of present-day life in South Africa. In addition to classes with demonstrations and lectures with hands-on sketching and painting opportunities, students will take advantage of traveling with Tina on a daily basis, gaining a personal understanding of how the artist recognizes the muse, through seeing light, connecting with people and making opportunities for magical experiences as she shares her process of painting from both life and photos during our explorations. The emphasis throughout this art journey is on a deeper discovery of the practice of creating the portrait from both life and photos, inspired by the exploration of South African culture — with the special commentary and experience of our private guide.
Join an intimate group setting — *8 MINIMUM A MAXIMUM of 16 people!
- Twelve nights lodging
- Four safaris!
- Domestic air and ground travel within South Africa:
*Airport transfer is included if arriving between 9:00pm and 11:00pm Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Cape Town International Airport
*Transfer on September 26 to Cape Town airport
*Transfer on September 26 from Nelspruit airport to lodging
*Transfer on September 30 from lodging to Nelspruit airport
*Domestic air from Cape Town airport to Nelspruit airport on September 26, and from Nelspruit airport to Johannesburg airport on September 30
- Many meals are included as indicated on official itinerary, ie: daily breakfasts, lunches and dinners only as indicated with water only (all other “beverages” are extra)
- Gratuities to hotel staff and during group meals to waiters, services of English-speaking private escort and tours, admission to museum and historical sites, special excursions, and private activities and local events as noted in the official itinerary
- Entrance and transport to: Stellenbosch Historic House Museums, Stellenbosch University Botanical Gardens & Art Museum, The Rupert Museum of Art, Cheetah Outreach Project, Vergelegen Estate, Spiers Estate with The Art Studio and Eagle Encounters, Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden, Evita se Perone/Pieter-Dirk Uys Gallery,
!Khwa ttu San Heritage Centre, Natural History Museum of Cape Town, Companjie Garden, Michaelis Collection, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, Cape Point Nature Reserve at the Cape of Good Hope, Kruger Park
- Round trip international airfare (into Cape Town international Airport, for arrival on September 18, 2019, out of Johannesburg International Airport, to depart no earlier than 9:30pm September 30, 2019)
- If not arriving between 9:00pm and 11:00pm on September 18, 2019 at Cape Town International Airport transfer from airport to lodging in Stellenbosch is not included
- Some meals with gratuities to waiters are not included as indicated on official itinerary
- Gratuities for guides and rangers are is not included: a suggested amount will be based on the number of participants, and collected at the start of the trip in local currency and paid out on behalf of the group to guides and rangers
- Passport charges
- Laundry services or fees
- Beverages such as speciality waters, sodas or wines or alcohol at group meals
- Travelers insurance
- Any item not specifically denoted, including spontaneous and special events, nor personal activities outside of the the scheduled official itinerary.
NOTE: All activities and events, sites and lodging are subject to change and are directed / decided solely by Laura C. Johnson and/or Arthur J. Dibden.
The total price per participant (excluding international transportation/non-group meals/beverages/gratuity) is approximately $6,795.00 based on double occupancy and a minimum of 8 paying participants. Should less than 8 participants sign up, the program cost may be adjusted or the program canceled. In the event of cancelation participants will be notified by email by May 17, 2019 and all deposits and sign up fees will be refunded within 30 days. The maximum number of participants is 16.
Deadline to reserve is May 17, 2019. Space is limited to 16 and based on first come, first served.
TO HOLD YOUR SPOT CLICK PURCHASE BELOW
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $3,500.00 due at sign up in the form of a personal or bank check made payable to: Laura C. Johnson, 6923 Laurel Cherry Drive, Rockford IL, 61108. The remaining balance may vary depending on a) if the minimum of 8 participants is not reached and b) the international monetary exchange rate fluctuation and c) fuel charges and airport fees for domestic airfare. The final balance (you will be invoiced) is due in full, in the form of a personal or bank check, to be received by June 1, 2019.
ALL ASPECTS OF THIS ADVENTURE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASONS. TRAVELERS INSURANCE IS STRONGLY RECOMMEND AND BEST PURCHASED UPON FIRST SIGNING UP WITH PAYING $95.00 SIGN UP FEE AND $3,500.00 DEPOSIT.
**NON-REFUNDABLE POLICY: The total price per participant (excluding international transportation/non-group meals/beverages/gratuity) is approximately $6,795.00 based on double occupancy and a minimum of 8 paying participants. Should less than 8 participants sign up, the program cost may be adjusted or the program canceled. In the event of cancelation participants will be notified by email by May 17, 2019 and all deposits and sign up fees will be refunded within 30 days. The maximum number of participants is 16.
No refunds will be issued if you cancel for any reasons. Do not purchase non-refundable airfare, ground travel or pre/post trip lodging until you are confirmed on the trip. Traveler’s insurance is strongly recommended at time of initial sign up and deposit payment. Insurance can be obtained through Jan Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org. or your preferred insurance broker.
** Please note: This is a 2019 workshop and the students minimum for this workshop has not yet been met. Please do not purchase non-refundable airfare, ground travel or pre/post trip lodging unless first asking if the minimum has been met. Or, check back here for notification. Thank you!! If the Portrait of a Nation © Journey to South Africa is cancelled participants will be refunded deposit payments made to Tina Garrett ($95.00) and to Laura C. Johnson ($3,500.00) by personal check within 30 days of cancellation.
Portrait of a Nation Journey©: South Africa supports the KicksART Program, and the Honorary Rangers of the SANParks in memory of Ranger Respect Mathebula.
Portrait of a Nation Journey©: South Africa is under copyright. No portion of this tour or itinerary may be copied or used in any way, without expressed written consent by Laura C. Johnson and Arthur J. Dibden.
Earlier Event: September 9
Later Event: October 7