Pricing Your Commission:
All of Tina's works are original designs and compositions, imagined, concieved and created through the inspiration generated during her conversations with each commission collector. Unlike photography, these fine art paintings are not built from pre-planned or standardized poses. A Tina Garrett fine art commissioned painting is an intimate and personal work conceived and created for you alone. For these reasons, the pricing of your commission will ultimately be reflective of the complexity and design of your commissioned project and the beginning prices listed here are simply a guide.
The Commission Creation Process:
Below is an example of the photo reference taken and used to inspire the painting "My Fabulous Older Sister, and Me". Tina paints from both life and photos. In both cases, Tina's paintings are only inspired by the image of the subject before her or in the reference photo. The intention is not at all meant to document the subject posing or the reference photo, nor to create a painting that looks like a photo, but instead, the reference images are filtered through Tina's vision resulting in a work of art that breathes, sings and speaks poetry.
- Tina interviews interested commission collectors, and this conversation will determine if Tina is the right artist for your project.
- In this conversation, ideas begin to form in Tina's mind's eye and together, she and collectors shape and refine the project vision.
- At this stage a project vision and contract is written including a description of the scope of the work, estimated size, delivery date and the all inclusive upfront price. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a space for your project on Tina's calendar.
- Next, posing sessions for life studies or photos are arranged at whatever location and using whatever props, wardrobe or accessories necessary to meet the needs of the project vision. If travel or other expenses for Tina are required, this will be reflected in the total, upfront and all inclusive price.
- Once images are presented, the approval process begins.
- In Tina's approval process, commission collectors are presented with one or two reference images, any of which Tina would LOVE to paint. Collectors take this opportunity to provide Tina with thoughts and specific corrections at this stage. Editing and refining happens now to create a clear project vision long before the first brushstroke hits the canvas. Additional photo or life study sessions, if needed, are included.
- Once approved, this image becomes the very inspiration from which Tina will paint and Tina will begin creating your work of art as scheduled.
- When the painting is finished, the collector will have the opportunity to accept or reject it.
- No changes are made to Tina's paintings. Tina's process is so thorough and clear, Tina has never had a painting rejected. This process protects Tina's ability to give her full creative self to each work without fear and results in each painting being the very best work Tina is capable of making.
- Accepted paintings are framed and delivered, ready to display.**
- The remaining 50% balance is due upon delivery/shipment.
NOTE: Tina paints only 2 to 3 commissioned works annually. It is possible Tina and/or you will discover she is not the artist for your project. Many factors, such as the scope of the work, the degree of passion generated by the project vision and comparative tastes are what determine this outcome. Tina takes only the work she feels most confident in succeeding at and most excited to painting. This protects both the collector and the creator and ensures your work will be the very best Tina can make and one you will not only approve, but love. In this case, don't worry, Tina has a full list of artists of all styles and budgets in which she is pleased to refer you to.